This is the way crayfish are eaten in Sylt, Germany.
- 1 lb Crayfish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Sour cream
- 2 – 4 Baked potatoes
- Fry the crushed garlic slightly in the olive oil.
- Add the paprika, let it warm just a little bit before adding the crayfish.
- Add salt and the teaspoon butter.
- Cook the crayfish for about 5 minutes if already thoroughly cooked when bought – otherwise ask at your local fishmarket for recommended cooking time.
At the North Sea in Germany, this dish is usually served on a baked potatoe with lots of Sour Cream!