- 1 Pork filet
- 15 – 18 prunes
- 2 Onions – chopped in large chunks
- 7 oz (200 gr) sliced bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
Slice the Filet lengthwise. Place prunes along the middle. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Wrap the filet with the bacon stripes.
- Add the remaining prunes and the onions to the baking dish.
- Add 1 cup of water.
Bake in a warm oven at 350ºF (180 – 200ºC) for about 1 hr 15 min, or until Filet is well done.
- Place the meat on a cutting board.
- Take out most of the prunes, leaving about 1 – 3. With a stick blender, puree the onions and the prunes. Add water in case there is not enough to make a nice sauce. Taste, and adjust salt to taste. You can also start blending without the prunes, and add and blend according to taste. Strain the sauce, add to a serving dish. Cut the Filet in medallions, and serve on top of the sauce.