- 1 Tablespoon Saffron
- 1/2 onion – finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves – pressed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks – mixed with a little bit of milk
- Parmesan or Pecorino – grated
- Cooked tortellini
- Put the saffron in a small cup and add a little bit of hot water.
- Fry the onion and the garlic in a tiny bit of oil by low heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
Add the cream, the milk and the saffron with the water, and bring it to a boil.
- As soon as it starts to boil, take it away from the heat and add the egg yolk – milk mix and mix well.
- Put it back on the stove, and bring it back very, very shortly to a boil, making sure you are mixing it very well – Use a whisker so it doesn’t clump.
- Mix the cooked tortellini with the sauce. Serve with parmesan or pecorino.