Filet with peppers
This dish I made up once because I wanted to make something similar to my mom’s roast beef. It is really easy to make!
I’ll post the roast beef eventually, but I must warn that it is a little bit more complicated to make but it’s really worth it.
- 1 pork filet
- 2 red peppers – chopped
- 2 medium onions – chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Wash the filet and pat dry.
- Place the filet in a pan, and sprinkle salt, pepper and powdered garlic.
- Sprinkle a little bit of olive oil on top.
- Arrange the chopped onions around the filet, and then add the chopped peppers.
- Add the water.
Bake in 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 1 hour, checking to make sure that there’s enough water in the pan, and adjusting the temperature in case you notice that it is browning too fast.
- When ready, put the filet on the side, and half of the peppers and onions.
- Make sure there’s about 1/2 cup of liquid in the pan (add water accordingly), and with a stick mixer, blend the remaining onions and peppers to make a nice sauce. Taste for salt, and then strain it for a smoother sauce.
- Slice the filet in medallions and arrange on a plate. Add sauce and then decorate with the remaining onions and peppers.