1 lb (500 gr) fresh mushrooms – sliced
- 1/2 onion – finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves – pressed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch – dissolved in water
- Parmesan or Pecorino – grated
- Cooked tortellini
- Fry the onion and the garlic in a tiny bit of oil by low heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue frying for another 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and milk, and continue cooking.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Add the cornstarch and bring it very shortly to a boil, making sure you are mixing it very well – Use a whisker so it doesn’t clump.
- Serve with tortellini, parmesan or pecorino.