You can make this dish with quince jam, or any jam of your choice – I would stick to the light ones though (apricot, peach).
- 1 Pork roast
- 2 Tablespoons Quince jam
- 3 Onions – cut in small pieces
- 4 garlic cloves – chopped
- 1 cup water
- Sea salt – not ground
- Cumin (if possible German cumin)
- Rub the roast with the quince jam.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and ground cumin.
- Place the onions and the garlic around the roast.
- Add the water, cover and bake for 45 minutes in a 350ºF (180ºC) oven. Uncover, check for water, and continue backing for another 45 minutes or until roast is well done and tender.
- Place the roast on a cutting board. Add 1 teaspoon cornstarch previously diluted in a little bit of water to the sauce. Warm up so it thickens up a little bit. Slice the roast, and return to the pan.