- Pimientos Morrones (yesterday’s post)
- 2 lbs tiger shrimps (1 kg)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika (pimentón dulce español)
- 5 garlic cloves – crushed or thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 Baguettes
- pepper to taste
- Fry the shrimps in olive oil. I prefer to do this in 3 batches. This allows me to fry the shrimps quickly and avoid that they loose too much water – so that they remain tender!
- When I’m on the third batch, I’ll make some space on the pan, add the spanish paprika so it fries a little bit, and then add the garlic. When the garlic has fried a little bit (do not let it burn or it will ruin your dish!!!), add the already fried shrimps.
- Add the pimientos morrones (roasted peppers). It should have enough juice to make a nice sauce. If there is not enough, add some more olive oil. Now add the salt and finish cooking.
- When the shrimps finished cooking, add the parsley. Toss and it should be ready to serve. Taste for salt – this dish requires quite a bit of salt. That is due to the grilled peppers.
This dish is best served with baguettes or any nice crust bread.